Donate Through Reader's Warehouse!
Want to donate to a school or a local library? Here's step-by-step instructions on how to give back to your community!
1. Add all the books to your cart that you'd like to buy for your designated destination.
2. Go to your cart and make sure you add the name of the school/library that you'd like the books to be delivered to in the notes section.
3. Proceed to checkout and add the address of the school/library in the shipping details. Don't know the address? Not to wory! Make sure to let us know and we will contact the school/library to find out where to ship the books!
4. Continue to shipping and select Courier Delivery. If the order is above R500.00, the courier fees are free!
5. Continue to payment and complete your order. You will receive a confirmation email, as well as the courier details to track your shipment.
Have some more questions? Check out some FAQ's we've put together!
What if I want to add books for myself in the order?
Since the books would have two different delivery locations, you would have to create a new order for books for yourself.
I need help choosing books
Check out this awesome page we made to help you find books we recommend for donations!
I can't decide what books to buy but I still want to donate
We also supply online gift vouchers that you can find here.
I don't know the address of the school/library
That's okay! Make sure to put the name of the institution in your order notes and also let us know it is for donations. We will do the research and make sure your books get to the right place.
What are the shipping options?
At the moment, we will only be accepting the courier option for these donations unless there is a pre-arrangement with Reader's Warehouse and the school to collect at our stores. If the order is below R500, you will be required to pay the courier fees.
I love this initiative, what would make it even better, is if you allowed school librarians to create their own wishlists which could be fulfilled by donors! Please consider this, it would make donations to school libraries so much easier, my experience is that librarians receive lots of donations but often of books they already have sufficient copies of or books they cannot use.
Leave a comment