- This policy forms a part of the Terms to which you are required to agree in order to access and use our Website. It sets out specific terms concerning information we may collect from you, how we may use, share and retain it, our measures with regard to security and accuracy, as well as your rights to make enquiries, update and remove your personal information.
- This policy is concerned in particular with information that can be used to identify you (“personal information”), as opposed to anonymous, de-identified, statistical, or public information. Your personal information may include identifying information, as well as demographic information such as your gender, age or marital status. It may also include sensitive information such as your credit card details.
Some personal information is collected automatically when you visit the Website, some is collected from you when you register an account on the Website, and some is provided by you voluntarily by other means.
By using our services, you consent to us collecting and using your personal information as set out hereunder.
Collection of information
- We may place small text files called ‘cookies’ on your device when you visit the Website. These files do not contain personal information, but allow us to recognise repeat visitors, personalise the Website experiences, track usage behaviour and compile aggregate data that will allow us to improve the functionality of the Website and its content. Your internet browser generally accepts cookies automatically, but you can often change this setting to stop accepting them. You can also delete cookies manually. However, no longer accepting cookies or deleting them will prevent you from accessing certain aspects of the Website where cookies are necessary. If you do not disable “cookies”, you are deemed to consent to our use of any information collected using those cookies.
- Should you decide to register as a user on the Website, we may require you to provide us with personal information including but not limited to –
8.1. Your name and surname;
8.2. Your email address
8.3. Your physical address
8.4. Your gender;
8.5. Your mobile number; and
8.6. Your date of birth
- You may additionally choose to provide other personal information to us on a voluntary basis when you pay for an order via the Website, upload to or download from the Website, enter competitions, take up promotions, respond to surveys, or otherwise use optional features of the Website.
- You agree that, whenever you provide us with personal information, you will provide accurate and current information, and not impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
- We may monitor and record any telephone calls that you make to us.
Use of Information
12. We are entitled to use your personal information if such use is required in order to comply with any applicable law, subpoena, order of court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property.
13. Subject to clause 12 above, we will not use your personal information for any purpose other than following, without your express consent:
13.1. For to the ordering sale and delivery to you of our Products;
13.2. To contact you regarding current or new Products offered by us or any of our partners (unless you have opted out of receiving marketing material from us);
13.3. To inform you of new features, special offers and promotional competitions offered by us to any of our partners (unless you have opted out of receiving marketing material from us); and
13.4. To improve our Product selection and your experience on the Website by, for example, monitoring your browsing habits, or tracking your sales on the Website; or
13.5. For any other purpose/s that you indicated when you agreed to provide the personal information to us.
Sharing or Disclosure of Information
14. We are entitled to disclose your personal information if such disclosure is required in order to comply with any applicable law, subpoena, order of court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property, to protect the safety of any person or the general public, or to prevent a violation of the Terms.
15. Subject to clause 14 above, we will never disclose your personal information to any third party other as set out below, without your express consent:
15.1. To our employees and/or third party service providers who assist us to interact with you via our Website, email or any other method, for the ordering or delivery of Products by or to you, and to communicate with you properly and efficiently;
15.2. To our partners (including their employees and/or third party service providers) in order for them to interact directly with you via email or any other method for purposes of sending you marketing material regarding any current or new goods or services, new features, special offers or promotional items offered by them (unless you have opted out of receiving marketing material from us);
15.3. To law enforcement, government officials, fraud detection agencies or other third parties when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of the personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of the Terms;
15.4. To our service providers (under contract with us) who help with parts of our business operation, on the basis that they may only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit; and
15.5. To our suppliers in order for them to liaise directly with you in the event of you submitting a warranty claim regarding any Products you have purchased which requires their involvement.
15.6. We will ensure that all our employees, third party service providers and partners (including their employees and third party service providers) having access to your personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality obligations in relation to your personal information.
16. We may disclose anonymous aggregate statistics, which is general information about the personal information of the customer population, to advertisers or business partners.
17. If we undergo a change in ownership, or a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to, another entity, we may assign our rights to the personal information we process to a successor, purchaser, or separate entity. We will disclose any such transfer on the website.
Security of Information
18. Our website is hosted on a secure server and uses security measures to prevent interference by intruders.
19. We will promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information.
20. Whilst we endeavour to protect your privacy, we cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of your personal information, whilst in our possession, made by third parties who are not subject to our control, unless such disclosure is as a result of our gross negligence.
21. If you disclose your personal information to a third party, such as the operator of a linked website, WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, HOWSOEVER ARISING, SUFFERED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF SUCH DISCLOSURE, as the use of such information is not subject to our control. We make no representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of linked or any third party websites, and recommend that you familiarise yourself with some before disclosing any information.
Accuracy of Information
22. You agree to keep your personal information accurate and up to date by accessing your account online, emailing us, or phoning us and providing us with updates as soon as reasonably possible after any changes in your personal information.
Retention of Information
23. We will retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
24. We may retain your personal information in physical or electronic record form at our discretion.
Removal of Information
25. You may choose to remove the personal information you have submitted to us, in which instance we undertake to promptly return or destroy any and all of your personal information in our possession or control, save for that which we are legally obliged to retain.