If you're keen on military history and World War II, this book is for you. This complete visual guide covers the events leading up to the war, major military battles around the globe, and the aftermath and its effects on our world today.
Inside the pages of this chronological retelling, World War II is captured in hundreds of compelling images and eyewitness accounts of people involved in the epic conflict. Discover:
- Comprehensive and objective coverage of every major military conflict and its impact on the rest of the war, with vivid descriptions and first-person accounts
- Biography spreads highlight major military and political figures such as Adolf Hitler, Winston Churchill, Benito Mussolini, and Joseph Stalin
- Find out about key battles, political, and economic forces, and technological advances that influenced the course of the war
- Packed with striking graphics - including rarely seen colour photographs
- Cross-referencing appears throughout, with timelines and global maps establishing an overview of each year of the conflict
- Features on everyday life in the war and the discovery of Holocaust concentration camps add to the wider picture
- Gallery spreads displaying weapons, spy gear, and other equipment that defined the war
Renowned military historian Richard Holmes authors this compelling military book which explores the key events, people, and equipment that defined the most destructive event in world history. Meet the key players of the war through thought-provoking profiles and eyewitness accounts - from national leaders making decisions to combatants on the front-line, and the civilians left behind. Also explore definitive battles that altered the course of the war such as Pearl Harbor, Hiroshima, and the D-Day landings.